Tuesday, April 19, 2016

18 April 2016 I had this surreal day. Greg was working from home today and we had a rare occasion of eating lunch together (don't worry we still had to take three kids). I accomplished a few things around the house and accomplished a few errands. My four-year-old had their first tee ball practice at the park, which was adorable. The family spent extra time at the playground and no one feel off of anything. The dog went too and was walked excessively. My husband spontaneously took all of us to Sweet Tooth Fairy after the park for a cupcake treat. We came home and had a great family night complete with a lesson my ten-year-old has been dying to share with us. We even got in two episodes of Doctor Who as a family. Yippee! What a great day! Did I mention, a friend texted and asked if she could take my three youngest for a few hours so I can have some time to myself. I know right! I wasn't even dreaming. I thought wow I love today! Last night the eight month old started running a fever, spent the entire night fussing and threw up (I mean she spits up sometimes so it is hard to tell) and is generally just feeling crappy. I spent the whole night holding her so today my back, shoulder, arm, and head are killing me. Everytime I put her down she was fussing within ten minutes. So no playdate. And maybe no time today for just me. So what if all seven of us passed around the same cupcakes, milk shakes and sodas last night. Sharing is caring. This I will chant while standing on one foot with one hand behind my back with fingers and toes crossed. I'm going to hang on to yesterday, the great day and enjoy some extra snuggles today. With any luck the rest of my little ones will skip this plague. Here is to optimism. As long as Murphy doesn't see it as a challenge. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment